Wat Yai Chai Mongkol, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Province
Wat Yai Chai Mongkol was built by the first King of Ayutthaya King U-Thong in 1347 for Buddhist monk who graduated from Sri Lannka called "Wat Pa Keaw". In 1591 King Naresuan declared for the independent from Burma. He built a large stupa "The Stupa of Great Victory" as a commemoration of the event.



Click at the image to see in the large

AYUTTHAYA TOURIST MAP



Click to view larger map




Information
: Hotel & Resorts in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya
: Hotel & Resorts in Thailand
: Wat Yai Chai Mongkhon : History of Ayutthaya Temples & Ruins