This is an important Buddhist place of worship occupying an area of 2,500 rai in the vicinity of Tambon Sala Ya,
Amphoe Nokhon Chaisi and Tambon Bang Rathuk, Amphoe Sam Phran. Within the compound various types of trees are grown.
Replicas of important places concerning Buddhism have been constructed, e.g., Lord Buddha's places of birth,
gaining enlightenment, giving the first preaching sermon, and Nivana. Additionally, there is also a Buddha image in the
attitude of walking name "Phra Si Sakkaya Thotsaphonyan Prathan Phuttha Monthon Suthat"
which is considered as the highest in the world (40.688 meters) and is enshrined in the compound.
The idea of building a Buddhist town was proposed that a holy city for Buddhists be established to mark the 25 th century of Buddhism in 1957.
A 2,500-rai plot of land was obtained in Salaya, Nakhon Chaisri, and adjoining Bang rathuek in Samphran, Nakhon Pathom,
and on July 29, 1995, His Majesty the King presided over a ceremony to
lay the foundation stone of the religious site, to be called Phuttha Monthon, or Buddhist Circle.
On December 21, 1982, Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhron represented His Majesty the King in presiding over a ceremony to install the main Buddha image,
that of "Phra Si Sakkaya Thotsaphonyan Prathan Phuttha Monthon Suthat", at Phuttha Monthon. The monumental image was cast specially for the purpose.
Phuttha Monthon has since served as the place of worship and center for dhamma practice on Buddhist holy days. Each year, Princess Sirindhron leads devout Buddhists in candle-lit processions
around the site on Makhapuja, Asalhapuja, and Visakhapuja days.