To the west of Sukhothai, this temple was mentioned in several stone
inscriptions of the Sukhothai period. Stone Inscription No. 6 found at this temple
refers to the importance of the temple as the place where Phra Maha Dharmaraja
was ordained as a priest in 1362. The remains of buildings in the temple include
the ordination hall and chedis. The temple is not far away from Thewalai Mahakaset,
where bronze images of Hindu gods such as Vishnu, Siva and Brahma in the Sukhothai style were found.