Located on Triphet Road, this was originally called "Wat Kammaloyi". It is said that it was built towards the end of the reign of
the King of Thon Buri, but the founder is unknown. After the reign of the King of Thon Buri this temple was deserted. It is written somewhere that during the time of King Rama V in A.D. 1911, the King changed the name
from the original "Wat Kammaloyi" to "Wat Thipphayawariwihan". After World War II, a big reconstruction took place replacing the original wood-work with brick and mortar.
The architectural style of this temple is mainly Chnese with the addition of Thai art in some places, for example in the carvings. The Wihan which houses images of the Buddha
looks very much like a Chinese Chapel. The main Buddha image in the Wihan is also in Chinese style, and the Scripture cabinet has lion legs. The decorative motifs are Thai and
Chinese in style and all are gilded. At the central point in the Wihan there is a large altar at which the monks to perform religious rites.
This Wihan is sometimes used as an Ordination Hall as well.
The ceiling of the Wihan is decorated with western style chandeliers and Chinese lamps with cloth shade. On both sides of the Wihan altars are placed, on which there are images of
Bodhisattavas, Arahants and the Envoy from Yama Judde of the Dead, all in Chinese style. The left side of the interior is the monks
quarters and on the right side the statue of the Chinese Goddess of Mercy "Kuan Yin" is placed.