This royal temple of the third grade is located on Mahachai Road. King Rama III
built it for his daughter, H.R.H. Princess Kroma Meun Apsornsudathep. It was originally called "Wat Ban Phrayakrai Suanluang".
The construction of this temple is different from Wat Ratchanatdaram which stands next to it and was built during the same period. The
large Ordination Hall is in the middle facing the canal and Wat Saket. The Hall is placed between two Wihans both facing the same
canal. At Wat Ratchanatdaram, the Ordination Hall is parallet to the canal while the Wihans on both sides have their backs towards the canal.|
The small directional prangs placed outside the enclosure wall
Both the Wihan and the Ordination Hall have square pillars all around them. The gables are decorated with stucco and glass mosaic
similar to Wat Nang Chi, Wat Apsonsawan, Wat Nangnong and Wat Ratcha-orot. There are also four small directional prangs placed
outside the enclosure wall. They are of the same size as the prangs at Wat Ratchaburana and decorated with pieces of ceramic. There is
a lange lawn in front. There is also an enclosing wall whic was moved out from its original place close to the city wall and the canal. The
old enclosure wall was pulled down to give way for the construction of the road which runs parallel to the city wall in front of the temple.
The gable boards of the Ordination Hall and Wihan bear floral and bird patterns in stucco decorated with pieces of ceramic. The parts
damaged were replaced during renovations in a later period.
The monks' quarters located towards the west are very well planned. The cells are of brick and mortar in different styles of the reign
of King Rama III. The architects of this period are given credit for creating many different styles of building.
At Wat Theptidararm there lived famous poet ordained as a monk between the years A.D. 1840 and 1842. He was Sunthon Phu
who wrote a great number of pieces of classical literature including Rmphanphilap which praises the monuments in this temple.